Thursday, September 11, 2008

Starbucks & Yarn Swap package

The Starbucks & Yarn Swap was the first swap I signed up for this summer, and it turned out very well.  I received my package from my swap spoiler a few weeks ago, but haven't posted about it yet because I am lame.  Oh well, I guess it's never too late to brag about the bunch of cool stuff I got!  
When the mail lady came to the door with this box I was very confused, as I couldn't remember ordering anything so BIG!  Then I opened it and saw, Oh My God!  It's my swap package!  Even the box (inside the first box) was cool.  And, as you can see, stuffed to the brim with goodies.


The requirements for this swap were to send your partner a skein of yarn, something from Starbucks, and a small hand-knit gift.  Suggesting that my partner went a little above and beyond the call of duty would be a bit of an understatement.   Just check out this haul!!!


She sent me TWO bags of Starbucks coffee beans, and a lovely Starbucks mug to drink the coffee in.  She also put in some fancy yummy chocolate bars that I am trying to hog all for myself.  (I actually need to see if the bar I have left is still in it's hiding place.)


She made me this great appropriately coffee themed knitting project bag.  The base of the bag is knit, and it has a nice drawstring top.  



And, finally, we come to the yarn.  She sent me TWO skeins of her hand-dyed yarn from her shop Crazy4Dying.  One is a sock-weight teal green color (my favorite color at the moment - I don't know how she knew that), and the other is a multi-spring-colored worsted weight.  The cute teapot shaped stitch markers are also from her shop.  She even sent some knitpicks sock needles, so I'm all set for my next pair of socks!  


All told, a pretty frickin' awesome swap package!  I want her to be my swap partner every time!  Thank you Ellie!!!!

2 comments:

Carla Klinker Cope said...

Finally! I check your blog everyday waiting for new posts! Give this dog a bone, Marian!!
(ps. nice haul.)

Ellie said...

So glad you liked your package. Your pictures are great!

Ellie