Saturday, September 27, 2008

Car-Car got married!

.....over a month ago, but who keeps track of these things?  Yes, this summer my neighbor-sister Carla, and her man Dan got married.  I won't try to write anything sentimental here, because I'm not good at it.  I'll just talk about my knitting! 
My wedding gift to Carla was this silk/merino blend lace shawl.  It was my first lace project, so it took me months to knit last winter.  It came out looking pretty good, and it went perfectly with her dress - Whoo hoo!  This outcome is actually pretty amazing, given the fact that I completely screwed up (or some might say "redesigned") the lace pattern.  This made me the poster-child for misreading patterns in my knitting group.  I hear "Did you remember to turn the page?" pretty often when we get together now!  My friends are mean to me!

Here are some pretty pictures I took at the reception:





And a cool picture that Aubrey took just before the ceremony:


1 comment:

Lori said...

It came out wonderfully! I would never guess about the redesigning. Congrats to Carla! She looks beautiful.