Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Plurkette Hencircle Intro

My friend Lori got me to sign up for Plurk a couple weeks ago, and it turns out that there are a bunch of knitters chatting on there ALL the time.  It's quite the time-suck, really.  Miss Violet, of the LimenViolet podcast has decided to create a group blog for those of us on Plurk that are interested in crafts and the "farmgirl" lifestyle - the Plurkette Hencirle.  The group will be a good source of motivation for tackling projects like knitting, sewing, cooking, and gardening, and I thought it looked like fun.
Our first project assignment was to post an introduction for ourselves on our blogs.  This will probably be the hardest assignment for me, because I am the world's worst writer in the whole wide world.  I'll just keep this pretty basic.  
My name is Marian.  I live in small-town Homer, Alaska where I work for the Department of Fish and Game.  I like lots of different crafts, but my current devotion is knitting.  I'm a beginner at sewing, but I have made aprons, and actually wear one at times.  I'm not very good at gardening (when I was little my mom would make me go out and weed the garden, and I would never know which ones were the weeds, and I would get yelled at for pulling up her baby plants).  I made jam for the first time last summer (raspberry - from my neighbor's patch).  I've tried making my own soap, and my own candles.  I think that I'm a pretty good cook, if I do say so myself.  Oh, and I didn't have indoor toilets in my house until I was in high school.  Does that count as a "farmgirl" lifestyle?
I'm hoping that this group will be a fun way to try new things and share the successes, and hilarious disasters with a bunch of cool ladies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No indoor toilet! Wow! I want to make some jam too, I am going fruit picking at the weekend (weather allowing) so I think I will try then....