Thursday, August 14, 2008

a couple swaps

I've been signing up for swaps right and left this past month.  I think I've signed up for five different swaps so far!  The first one I signed up for was the Starbucks and Yarn swap I found on Ravelry.  One of the knitting-related goodies that went into that package was this set of coasters, or "mug rugs," as the swap organizers call them.  They are knit with fingering weight yarn using the Drip Coaster pattern by Karrie Weaver.  I left off the fringe that was included in the pattern, because I think they look better without it.  This package also included some handspun alpaca yarn made by my friend Storm (from her own alpaca).  And some of the shrinky dink stitch markers I made. 


My next swap project was for the Handmade Soap and Washcloth swap - also on Ravelry.  I knit this cotton washcloth using the Reverse-Bloom Flower washcloth pattern from Weekend Knitting.  I also sent some of the soap that we made at Cheryl's house this summer.  


I'll get more pictures of swap projects up soon.

On an unrelated note, I finished this hat awhile ago, but forgot to take a picture of it or post it on Ravelry.  It's the Felted Cloche by Sara Morris.  I bought this pattern, and the baby alpaca yarn at Knit Purl in Portland when I was visiting my friend Susan this winter.  It is soooo soft!  Carmen thinks it makes her look like her current favorite literary heroine Maisie Dobbs.  


No comments: