Saturday, June 21, 2008

Seward


I've been up in Seward this week, filling in for the port sampler for that region.  These are some shots of the harbor area I was working in.  Two different cruise ships came into port while I was there, so the harbor was swarmed with tourists.  I managed not to stab any of them when they were hounding me with questions while I worked, so, good for me!


I was able to get samples from some species that I never really get in the central Cook Inlet, like Black Rockfish, and Yelloweye Rockfish.  It turns out that, unlike Halibut, rockfish brain fluid tends to explode into your face when you hack into the head - so that was fun.


I started a new knitting project this week.  I needed something more portable than my gathered pullover sweater to take with me, so I'm making the Elisa's Nest Tote from the purl bee.  It's a cotton mesh bag I plan to use for shopping at the local farmer's market this summer.


I also tried my hand at making some beaded stitch markers.  I have TONS of beads in my stash, so I foresee making many more of these in the future.


3 comments:

Lori said...

Pretty photos of Seward - looks like you had good weather at least, though the exploding fish brains sound a bit less than savory... all in a day's work, right?

Your bag is such a good idea, I think I may start one. (Like I need another project!) And your stitch markers look great - that's something I haven't gotten the hang of.

Carla Klinker Cope said...

Ah, it looks so eautiful there, minus the tourists...
I love you bag. IS the lace pattern difficult?

Carla Klinker Cope said...

beautiful not eautiful
and Is, not IS!!!