Saturday, June 14, 2008

Braaaaains


This was the view from one of the places I was working last week. I took this picture from the front yard of the charter operator I was working with. Nice, huh? It's a pretty steep drop-off, though. You can't see the edge of the lawn, or how quickly it drops off in this picture, but it was kind-of scary. Not a lawn that you would be able to play croquet on ... (Dammit! I lost another ball!)
Here is a nice shot of the brain cavity of a Halibut I was sampling. Fishermen are often amused to see how small the brains of the fish that habitually "outsmart" them actually are. I open them up to extract the sagittal otoliths, which are in the pockets to either side of the third lobe of the brain. Yes, I conduct fish brain surgery all summer. That's what I do.


OK, on to some knitting. Our knitting group met at Captain's Coffee today.

From the left we have Barbi and Cheryl, who are both working on the Gathered Pullover (our group KAL), Kathy is working on a pair of socks, Lynda has started the February Lady sweater (She has just informed me that she has given up on the gathered pullover project because it has too much "boring" knitting. Quitter!) Jerri was working on a scarf, and Betsy was working on the g.p. That's my blue gathered pullover on the table in front of the empty chair. I've just finished the cable section.
Jerri also brought a felted vest she has just finished. Nice!

3 comments:

Carla Klinker Cope said...

Wish I was there.....

Anonymous said...

Marian, this blog was a great idea! Nice job!

Lori said...

Oh, I miss all you guys so much! The photos of knit group are great, as is the scenic shot. The fish brains? Well, the rest of the halibut makes me hongry!